Required fields are marked with asterisks (*)

Park User Permit Request

Please fill out this request form. Once you submit this form, staff will be in contact to further discuss your proposed event.

Disclaimer: Completion of this form does not guarantee a park permit for your event.

Beer Garden
Carnival / Inflatable / Bouncy Castles / Other
Staking Tents / Other
Sound / Lighting (Music / Speeches)
Select a Location:

Type of Event / Initial Fees (Add 13% HST)

Wedding/Performance $100.00
Corporate Picnics $75.00
Non-Profit/Fundraising Initiatives $50.00
Fishing Tournament $50.00
Community Festivals $25.00
Please select your event type:
Special Event Equipment can be accommodated in some instances (but not all). Please check all equipment that your event is inquiring about (additional fees may be associated). Please note that tables and chairs are not available for weddings.
Will there be Food/Dry Good Vendors in the park for your event?

Event Organizers Please Note: If needed, the following services will be required at the expense of the event organizer. Please check all that apply. Recreation staff are available for assistance by calling the Benson Centre at 613-938-9898.

Certificate of Insurance: When required, the Organization/User Group will need to obtain a comprehensive general liability insurance policy for third party claims and submit before the event can be sanctioned.

City of Cornwall Special Event Vendors Permit: All vendors are required to be licensed through the Corporation of the City of Cornwall’s Licensing Department. A copy of the vendor(s)’s Municipal Business License must be provided along with a Certificate of Insurance in a minimum amount of $2 million.

EOHU - Special Events - Organizers Notification Form: Under the Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA), special event organizers and food vendors must notify the health unit of their plans to serve food to the public. They must submit a completed notification form to the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) at least 30 days prior to the event. Only food vendors that have been approved by the EOHU can attend the event.

Tent Installation: Should you wish to install a tent or any other structure which exceeds 646 square feet the permit holder will require a Building Permit from the Department of Planning, Development & Recreation.

Ulility Locates and Electrical Work: If you wish to install a tent, fencing or any non-freestanding structure, which requires staking of the grounds, you will be required to contact the Supervisor of Recreation & Programming, 21 days prior to your event at 613-938-9898 ext. 2. Arrangements for locates of underground lines and cables must be completed prior to installation of any structure.

Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) Permit: 

Portable Washrooms: Organizers are encouraged to provide at least one (1) fully accessible portable washroom.


The Organization/User Group hereby shall Hold Harmless and shall fully Indemnify the Corporation of the City of Cornwall, its elected officials, employees and agents and its successors and assigns, from and against all actions, claims, and demands whatsoever which may be brought against or made upon the City of Cornwall and against all loss , liability, judgements, claims, costs, demands or expenses which the City of Cornwall may sustain, suffer or be put to, resulting from or arising out of the Organization/User Group’s failure to exercise reasonable care, skill or diligence in the performance or rendering of any work or service required hereunder to be performed or rendered by the Organization/User Group, its agents, servants, or employees.


phone icon Contact Us